creelmankid asked: 1. Hockey Team Logos 2. Episodes of Community 3. TV Shows that were cancelled too soon.
Top 3 Hockey Team Logos (Ice Division, I can send a pamphlet on my favourite field hockey logos)
1) Detroit Red Wings: For a club whose nickname has a second life as a sexual reference, the Red Wings have a logo that’s awesome for all ages. It’s “Thunder Road”: the logo (even if it pre-dated The Boss by a healthy number of decades). Detroit has a wheel with a fucking wing on it for a logo! That’s the American dream right there! A logo that could fly away, but it chooses to roll down the streets of Detroit boasting a colour that says: “you have no idea how much blood could be up on me”. Well done, logo.
2) The Swedish National Team: For a country that’s not particularly intimidating (tremble before our government-enacted social support policies and our fighting-averse brand of ice hockey), Sweden sure has a great logo for striking terror in the hearts of its opponents. A reverse triforce of crowns is a timeless look. Canada has a hockey player skating inside a maple leaf because…we’re dumb? I can figure out that Canada’s playing hockey if you give me a different (less redundant) logo, I don’t need the leaf, the player, “Canada”, a map and an anthropomorphic bag of Ketchup chips to know what I’m looking at.
3) Peter North Stars: I’m not a particularly highbrow man.
Top 3 Episodes of Community (personal criteria: favourite episodes over “best” episodes)
2) Critical Film Studies
3) Remedial Chaos Theory
Top 3 TV Shows That Were Cancelled Too Soon (Crappy Cop Out Disclaimer: I’m going with more recent items because my fondness for MTV’s Downtown is me all hopped up nostalgia goofballs.)
1) Garth Marenghi’s Darkplace
2) The Knights Of Prosperity
3) The Good Guys