Folks on Tumblr (including Mason Pitzel who you’re following on Tumblr if you’re doing life things right) are tackling this list of questions and I thought I’d weasel my way into this sort of thing. Which of these Tumblr quiz questions would you like me to tackle? (Note: I have no idea where this collection of questions originated. Bolt maybe? Is that something that still exists?)
1) What album do you consider to be “epic”?
2) Which band do you feel is more important: Crass or The Clash?
3) You’ve been in a terrible accident. You were horribly injured, so badly your heart actually stopped. Shit, man—you were legally dead for three minutes. Then you were in a coma for a week. When you’re finally starting to recover, your best friend brings you your iPod as you lay in your hospital bed. What song do you listen to first?
4) Name a musical collaboration you WISH had happened.
5) You’ve got a time machine. What show would you like to see?
6) Vinyl? MP3’s? Favorite format and why.
7) If David Bowie had looked and acted like Joe Pesci his entire career but still made the same records, would they mean as much to you? How about Madonna, Lady Gaga, Ozzy Osbourne, or other artists?
8) What musician would you most want to have sex with? Assume you’ve still got that time machine.
9) What musician would you go gay for?
10) You’re directing a movie based on your life. The screenplay was written by a psychic who knows you better than you know yourself, and even wrote scenes based on the parts of your life you haven’t even lived yet. What song do you play on the soundtrack for your birth? Your death? And for when you lost your virginity?
11) Your pick for the most overrated band of all time.
12) Name a record you’re kinda embarrassed to admit you like.
13) Name a song that makes you cry. Now tell me why.
14) Name a musician whose work you love, even if you suspect you’d absolutely hate him as a human being.
15) You’re a musician. If the only way you could support yourself as a musician would be to have Britney Spears’ career (not her personal life, but her career, singing the same shit Britney sings and raking in the same piles of money), would you do it?
16) Your favorite record that you’d never let your children listen to.
17) Name a song that makes you horny.
18) Name a song so bad it makes you angry.
19) You’re a radio DJ trapped in the studio as the world ends. How does it end, and what song do you choose to play in those final moments?